THE INDIANS ABROAD
The Overseas Living: NRIs and India Abroad
To view the latest posts and articles, a click on ‘Home’ will do the trick!
‘The Indians Abroad’ web-site is dedicated to the Indian diaspora – people from the continent of India living abroad. The main focus of this blog is to discuss real-life information on the experiences of overseas life, and to share an honest and open opinion about living in a different culture and a different society.
The site regularly receives readers from more than 125 countries that include Indians, non-resident Indians – NRIs, and others interested in overseas living or immigrant issues etc.. The ‘Blog’ covers a variety of subjects including personal development in a foreign country, social issues of a multicultural society and many more similar topics related to the life abroad.
In a foreign country, in a new place, we can make our journey much smoother and much more enjoyable with some very basic efforts. That is what this site is all about – offering simple ideas and commonsense suggestions for a better and more successful experience of our life abroad.
The main theme of the site is social awareness in a foreign land, experiences of living in a multi-culture society, personal development in the new country and discussion on many more such issues that affect the overseas lives. Some of the main categories on this website are:
The site covers a wide range of social issues including day-to-day experiences, common myths and other social aspects of life abroad. It has a lot of information and opinion about all kinds of NRIs’ experiences, benefits of living abroad and hardships of foreign life. I regularly explore and discuss the routine overseas issues, along with the ways to address them. The topics cover many misconceptions and unrealistic expectations about living abroad as well.
For example, some of the popular blog posts include:
- NRIs and India diaspora – the key challenges abroad!
- Overseas perceptions about people from India
- I am not racist, but my brain may be!
- Common myths and misconceptions about India!
- The NRI dilemma: This country or that home?
And, much more…… Just click on the category of your choice (from the side-bar) and explore different posts.
One of the main goals of the site is to help improve NRIs’ overseas living experiences. All kinds of ‘NRI tips’ and suggestions on a variety of issues related to personal growth are discussed. Other topics that relate to personal development also include ‘Communication Skills improvement’ and ‘career Planning’. Some of the helpful posts include:
- How to improve your communication skills
- 30 Tips on the art of small talk!
- A self-help guide to lose your accent!
- 10 Tips on English pronunciation and accent improvement!
- How to change a perception
There are many articles that focus on the jobs and occupations in foreign countries. Information on jobs in high demand, and different business ideas are regularly explored. NRI Banking is one of many other topics in this class. Some of the popular articles include:
- 2010–2020 USA Employment Projections
- Jobs and occupation in high demand : 2010-2020 Projections
- US Employment forecast by industry: 2010-2020
- Jobs and Occupations in highest demand in USA: 2006 to 2016
- 10 most uncommon business ideas for overseas!
- How to make a REALLY good living abroad! – $$!!
- NRI Tips: NRI Bank Account and FAQ
- Job search Tips: How to look for a Job effectively!
There are many topics related to Bollywood – home and abroad. The Bollywood abroad, the celebrity and Bollywood quiz are key areas covered. Some of the entries are:
- The Best Bollywood Movies of All Times!
- 10 Best Movies with NRIs and India Abroad Theme
- 20 Best Bollywood movies of last 10 years
- The Bollywood Love Story on Oprah Show
- Bollywood Quiz 5 – The Idiots and a Dog
- Bollywood Quiz IV : Which two stars…
Sharing overseas knowledge and information about living abroad is one of the main purpose of the site. This could go beyond NRIs and the Indians abroad. Invite your friends and family – Indians or non Indians – to be a part of this journey. More, the merrier.
For example, some of the general knowledge sharing posts include:
- The First Passage to America – Slaves and Servants
- NRI Tips: Commonsense guide for NRI marriages
- New immigrants’ guide to the United States of America
- The Arranged Marriage!
- 50 Money Saving Tips in Everyday Life for Everybody
Trivial Stuff and Much More:
The site includes a lots of information, discussion, opinion and commentary on all kinds of topics including:
- Short Stories
- Racial Biases and Race Relations Abroad
- Karma and Religion
- General Entertainment
- and so on…..
All the posts are under ‘Home’ page. You can also ‘Search’ for an article using topics listed along the side bar. Spend a few minutes looking around; you never know what you may find 🙂 !
For those who are not of Indian background, these basic Indian terms may be useful.
Share your thoughts. Be a part of The Indians Abroad community; leave your comments. Many of us may find your comments, thoughts and input helpful.
And, no annoying emails from the site:
The visitors of this site (who leave comments or may otherwise share their email info etc.) will not receive meaningless emails, redundant newsletters, or lame Ezines… or anything else for that matter. If you like the postings, come back at your own convenience. You can bookmark the site if you wish. Rest assured, you will not be bombarded with annoying useless emails at all.
Hope your visit to this site is fruitful.
You can always EMAIL with your questions or suggestions.