Here are the highest paying jobs and occupations in America, along with the the annual wages and a brief description of the occupation. Note that, a highest paying job does not mean that it is in the highest demand.
25 Jobs and Occupations with the highest annual wages in America
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) program called ‘The Occupational Employment Statistics’ produces employment and wage estimates for national and state level occupations. Based on the latest data available, following are the highest paying jobs and occupations in America, along with the the median annual wages and a brief description of the occupation as provided by the US BLS.
Note that a highest paying job does not mean that it is in the highest demand.
1. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons (More than $166,400): Perform surgery on mouth, jaws, and related head and neck structure to execute difficult and multiple extractions of teeth, to remove tumors and other abnormal growths, to correct abnormal jaw relations by mandibular or maxillary revision, to prepare mouth for insertion of dental prosthesis, or to treat fractured jaws.
2. Orthodontists(More than $166,400): Examine, diagnose, and treat dental malocclusions and oral cavity anomalies. Design and fabricate appliances to realign teeth and jaws to produce and maintain normal function and to improve appearance.
3. Prosthodontists (More than $166,400) Construct oral prostheses to replace missing teeth and other oral structures to correct natural and acquired deformation of mouth and jaws, to restore and maintain oral function, such as chewing and speaking, and to improve appearance.
4. Physicians and surgeons (More than $166,400) : All physicians and surgeons not listed separately. This is general category for the physicians/doctors and surgeons, practice medicine and perform surgeries.
6. Chief executives ($158,560): Determine and formulate policies and provide the overall direction of companies or private and public sector organizations within the guidelines set up by a board of directors or similar governing body. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives and staff managers.
6. Dentists, general ($142,870): Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums and related oral structures. May treat diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting vitality of teeth. Continue reading “25 Highest Paying Jobs and Occupations in America”