20 Best Bollywood movies from 1990 to 1999
The 1990′s decade produced some the most memorable Hindi films. It is hard to pick only a handful out of hundreds of movies of the era, but here we go! Here is a list of movies that made a splash in the 90s. The brief description includes main/lead cast, year of release and general genre of each movie.
1. Ghayal (1990): Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, this popular thriller features Sunny Deol and Meenakshi Seshadri in the lead role. It was one of the blockbusters of the year and it also won the Filmfare ‘Best movie’ award.
2. Dil (1990): This is a lovable romantic comedy; it has some of the best music of its time. Aamir Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Anupam Kher and Saeed Jaffrey lead the cast and a very superior acting all around.
3. Diksha (1991) Meaning ‘initiation, the Hindi film is based on a novel by famous Kannada writer U. R. Ananthamurthy. The film depicts a complicated story of a Guru and his widowed daughter; it is infused with Indian culture and local traditions. A well told story of human emotions and willpower.
4. Lamhe (1991): This is a classic Yash Chopra film. It stars Anil Kapoor, Sridevi, Waheeda Rehman and Anupam Kher in the main cast. The film is critically acclaimed, with exceptionally great music. This romantic drama received the well deserved ‘Best Movie’ Filmfare award.
5. Beta (1992): The movie featured the popular pair of its time – Madhuri Dixit and Anil Kapoor. This is a very entertaining movie with many memorable music numbers, including popular song “Dhak Dhak Karne Laga”.
6. Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992): This is Mansoor Khan directed movie; he is more famous for another hit ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’. Aamir Khan and Pooja Bedi star in this romantic drama. It was a blockbuster flick of its time and a winner of ‘Best movie’ Filmfare award..
7. Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke (1993) Directed by Mahesh Bhatt, the movies has a wonderful musical score by Nadeem-Shravan. Aamir Khan, Juhi Chawla pair well in the lead role. This romantic film has some of the best acting from Juhi Chawla and very popular among critics and laymen alike. Continue reading