The Iranian-American comedian Maz Jobrani delivers a comic piece to the TED audience in Doha, Qatar. This is an interesting take on some the most serious issues and perceptions surrounding Muslims and the Middle East.
Oh, and also included are some pieces of common advice to the people with brown skin when boarding an airplane in America!
Most of the time, as we can see from this comedy, even the most serious and touchy topics can be better addressed when wrapped in laughter!
Instead of politicians and religious leaders, we need more comedians talking about the cultural and religious differences!
- TED Talk: East vs. West — the myths that mystify
Our Beliefs and the Outside World
- How to change a perception
- I am not racist, but my brain may be!
- Why white women find desi or Indian guys less attractive?
- Indian/desi guys find white women more attractive!
- Indian Beliefs or Perceptions of American and European Culture