This is the only holiday when everybody wake-ups early in the morning – much earlier than usual, – to find out what ‘Santa’ has brought for Christmas. Every kid spends weeks and weeks to come up with a wish list – a well crafted, and often revised list of all the toys and game and presents and…..
The day of reckoning is here – to find out what everybody got; how many of the wishes have come true.
Yes, the gifts are a good gesture for kids and grown-ups alike, everybody loves receiving presents. And, if we can get what we really wished for, even better….
So what was on your wish list? Some of the common wish lists may include:
- An electronic toy or a gadget – iphone, PS3, Wii, XBOX 360, iPod, Robot Dog or a real dog…
- A kick scooter, a book, a book reader, a necklace or a promise ring…..
- A new pair of skinny jeans, a dress shirt, a wet/dry shaver or a pair of snow boots….
These gifts, the surprise presents…..the things we wished for this holiday season….they all sound good.
And then, there are some things that we often ignore to include in our wish-list. Just because we did not put them on our list does not mean they matter less. In fact, most of them matter far more. Things like:
- Spending time with the family
- Good health – your own and that of your loved ones
- Playing with the kids – your own, or the siblings…A child brings out the best in us.
- Sharing something that we have – the knowledge, the wealth, the joy…for our own good.
- Helping a neighbor or a friend, or those who need our help. There is no bigger satisfaction than giving.
- Helping the environment stay clean – Our grand-kids will be very thankful, even after we are long gone..
- Looking in the mirror and trying to recognize the real in us. There is more good in there, just look harder!
- ….and many other that apply to our unique situation
Merry Christmas to you and your loved one!
May all your wishes come true – the ones you find under the Christmas tree and the ones in your heart!