Christmas morning! This is the only holiday when everybody wake-ups early in the morning – instead of sleeping-in on an off day – to find out what ‘Santa’ brought them for Christmas.The morning we waited for so eagerly.
Every kid spends weeks and weeks to come up with a wish list – a well crafted, well thought out and revised so many times, a list of all the toys and game and presents.
The day of reckoning is here – to find out what everybody got; how many of their wishes have come true.
Yes, the gifts are a good gesture for kids and grown-ups alike; everybody loves receiving presents. And, if we can get what we really wished for, even better!
So, what was on your wish list? Some of the common wish-lists may include:
- An electronic toy or a gadget – iPhone, PS3, Wii, XBOX 360, iPod, Robot Dog or a real dog…
- A kick scooter, a book, a book reader, a necklace or jewellery…..
- A new pair of skinny jeans, a dress shirt, a wet/dry shaver or a pair of snow boots….
These gifts, the surprise presents, the things we wished for this holiday season -they all sound great!
And then, there are some things that we often ignore to include in our wish-list. Just because we did not put them on our list does not mean they matter less. In fact, most of them matter far more. Things like:
- Spending time with the family
- Good health – your own and that of your loved ones
- Playing with the kids – your own, or the siblings…A child brings out the best in us.
- Sharing something that we have – the knowledge, the wealth, the joy – sharing for our own good.
- Helping a neighbor or a friend, or those who need our help. There is no bigger satisfaction than giving.
- Helping the environment stay clean – Our grand-kids will be very thankful, even after we are long gone..
- Looking in the mirror and trying to recognize the real in us. There is more good in there, just look harder!
- …and, many other that apply to our unique situation
Merry Christmas to you and your loved one!
May all your wishes come true – the ones you find under the Christmas tree and the ones in your heart!